Top Tips on How to Choose a Roofing Contractor
There are many reasons as to why you may want to contact a roofing contractor for your home. Either the roof of your home is damaged or worn out and you want to have it repaired, or you simply want to have the whole roof of your home replaced because it is no longer in style or because you have done some major renovation to your home as well. Regardless of your reason in contacting a roofing contractor, it is important though that you hire the right roofing contractor for the job.
When it comes to choosing a roofing contractor, one of the best ways is by speaking with them over the phone. While e-mailing them will do, there is nothing like speaking with them over the phone directly as this helps you to read in between the lines if they are being honest or not. Of course, when it comes to hiring a roofing contractor, it is always best to stick locally as this helps finding the contractor should something go wrong very easy. If you were to hire a contractor that is from another locality, connecting with them may prove difficult, especially if they are avoiding you.
Thanks to the internet and social media, these days, you can easily find roofing contractors that are near you. Facebook Pages is one of the ways a business can build online connection with their clients without having to open a website themselves. Through simple searches, you will be able to find roofing contractors that are within your area. Try and contact them through their business phone number and tell them your interest in hiring their services, then try to ask them a few things.
Insurance – when hiring a roofing contractor, it is vital that they have insurance – liability insurance, general insurance, and worker’s compensation insurance. Ask them how much coverage they have as this is for your overall protection. You would not want to shoulder any of the cost of the stuff they damage or if a worker becomes injured. If you decide to meet them, before signing a contract, make sure to view their certificate of insurance first.
Business Location – the contractor should have a permanent phone number and business address as not having one may seem somewhat sketchy. When this is the case, be sketchy about things and try feel if their excuse for being in a new location seems fit for their excuse as to not having a permanent address yet. It is possible that they moved to a better location with better amenities which is the reason why they moved from their previous business location. It is up to you to feel whether their reason seems legit or not.
Business License – ask them if they have a business license. Although this is not an assurance that they will do a better work than others, it is however, your overall assurance of their legitimacy as a business. In addition to this, being able to acquire business permit for their trade means they have also undergone the necessary training and education needed to get a business license.
Warranty – one of the last things you may want to ask over the phone before meeting them is to ask if they provide any warranty with their work. Since the materials they will be using will somehow have a warranty, it is vital that they also provide warranty with the work they do. They should be able to address issues if there are some back jobs that need rework on their part.
When you meet with the roofing contractor, try to find out if they have any portfolio of past projects they have done. It is important that they have as this will show you the overall result of the type of job they do. If possible, try to ask for reference from past customers so you can ask them regarding the type of work they do, how professional they are, if they meet the agreed upon budget, and if they are able to finish the task within the timeframe they have scheduled.
In Alberta, Canada, most of those that have their roofing works done rely on the roofers in calgary. This is because these crews are very reliable when it comes to roofing works. They are the must go to when it comes to roofing contractors. They not only have the experience and knowhow in this particular trade, but they also have the necessary bonds, permits, and insurance to give you peace of mind.
Simple Signs That Your Bathroom Needs Renovation
Normally, you would never think of doing any bathroom renovations with the home you have purchased or have had built from the ground up. Normally, certain customizations like the changing of fixtures are enough to get the desired effect that you need. However, there are times when bathroom renovations are needed due to certain factors that must be met. In case you are unable to catch the signs that have been staring at you, here’s a simple list:
- Outdated – if your bathroom has been around since the 60’s, 70’s, or 80’s, then maybe it’s about time that you upgraded and updated your bathroom area. Water stains from many decades of use are hard to remove and even if you manage to remove them, they easily grow back. Updating your bathroom – tiles, sinks, and toilet will help give your bathroom a newer and fresher look.
- Piping – if the water in your sink or shower is weak, the drains are always clogged, and/or the toilet no longer flushes effectively what has been dumped inside it, then you may want to consider having your bathroom renovated. If your bathroom is more than a few decades old, then it is likely that many of the piping are no longer efficient. This type of inefficiency can be a headache on your part. Having the bathroom renovated along with the piping can help solve your water and drain issues.
- Family Needs – if you are having a growing family, having a bigger bathtub can make bathing more fun for the kids. On the other hand, once the kids grow into teenagers, making sure that the shower is working properly and efficiently is very important as most teens these days are always in a rush and no longer have the time to bathe in the bathtub most of the time.
- Safety – if the bathroom area is in very poor condition that makes it unsafe, you want to consider having it renovated to protect both yourself and loved ones who are using the bathroom. Mold issues, electrical issues, broken tiles with sharp edges, and water leaks all are unsafe risks for the household. When no fix seems to work, bathroom renovation may just be the solution.
- Selling – if you are planning to sell the home in the near future, renovating your bathroom area may just be the best way to make the property an easy sell.
Ideal Home Improvement Areas Around The Home
If you are looking to improve certain parts of your home, it is crucial that you need to know where to start. There are actually many ideal home improvement areas around the home where you might like to start with your home improvement projects. Here are just a few of them:
- Kitchen – doing some kitchen renovations on your kitchen area may help in raising up the overall value of your home. Simple repainting works or replacing old equipment, appliance, and/or cabinets will help give your kitchen area the update it needs to make it look more modern. Ask any real estate agent and they will surely enlighten you how a kitchen can help in making or breaking a sale. If you have plans of selling your home in the near future, this type of home improvement will certainly help in making the sale.
- Bathroom – although the bathroom is not the area of the home where most of your guest gets to see, doing bathroom renovations for the purpose of keeping it up-to-date helps make bathing and doing your bathroom business all the more pleasurable. Also, if you have plans of selling your home in the near future, certain bathroom updates can actually help in selling the home.
- Basement – developing the basement into a more usable area can greatly help in raising the overall value of your property. It not only gives you the extra space you need in your home as you can literally have the basement developed into an area that you may have always wanted, but it actually may also become a selling point should you decide to sell your home. Basement builders and developers can actually help in designing, developing, and rebuilding your whole basement area.
- Garage – another part of your home that you may not have given much thought of improving is your garage. The truth is that whether you are a car guy or not, a good and well-designed garage area may prove to be a worthwhile home improvement project. There are plenty of garage builders that you can hire to help make your garage looking great and very usable. They can even add the storage areas you need to store many of the things that you usually will have just lying around.